Greater Chippewa Valley Upcoming Events
November 4 - December 24, 2016
9:00 am - 9:00 pm (Monday - Saturday)
If you want to volunteer, follow these instructions to register and sign up for dates and times.
1. Log on to www.ringbells.org.
2. Click on the state of Wisconsin.
3. Click on the county you want to ring in - either Eau Claire or Chippewa County.
4. If you have not registered as a volunteer on this site before, scroll down to the heading 'You Make a Difference' and click 'Register Here' next to Active Volunteers.
5. Fill out the contact information.
6. Once registered, click on 'Bell Ringing 2016' under 'Featured Opportunity' on the main page.
7. Choose the location you want to ring bells at and sign up for the shifts that work for you! If you have any questions about how to register, choose locations or sign up for times, please call (715) 834-1224.
Toys for Tots
We need volunteers for many Toys for Tots associated days! Below are the dates and times we need help! If you are interested, contact Karen Frederick at (715) 834-1224 or by emailing Karen_Frederick@usc.salvationarmy.org.
November 1: Toys for Tots collection begins
October 31 - November 11: Christmas Application Process 10:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- We need volunteers to assist families during the application process for the Toys for Tots program we host. They will be going over applications, talking to families and submitting the finished applications
- The application process goes for 2 weeks and is during our open hours at our Eau Claire location. We will be developing a shift schedule and volunteers can sign up for the times that work best for them.
December 9: Last day to collect toys for Toys for Tots
December 8: Sorting and packing starts
- Volunteers can call to sign up when they are able.
December 21: Toy Distribution Day 9:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- We will be distributing all of the toys this day. Volunteers will be greeting and checking families/clients in, grabbing their bags, working the Stocking Stuffer and Warm Clothing tables, and handing out food cards to qualifying families.
- There will be a shift sign-up sheet available for this day as well.
December 22: Christmas Late Day 10:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm